A’19 is good for business
There are plenty of reasons to plan your year around this event. Here are five reasons to bring your team with you.
1. Employee retention saves you money
People are your firm’s biggest asset. In a market this competitive, investing in your employees is an investment in your firm’s future. Professional development is a valuable perk that supports their careers and your business.
Consider the facts:
- Hiring a new employee costs firms an average of $4,435 plus 280 billable hours.1
- Satisfied employees have a lower turnover rate, especially if they’re high performers—their turnover rate is 11 points lower than the average.2
- Professional development contributes to high performance. 90% of firms pay for employees to attend conferences and workshops.3
2. It’s good for business
Conference is three immersive days of what’s new and now in architecture and design. When you send your team to A’19, they master new skills that can expand your firm’s services. With 500+ sessions, there’s an unrivaled range of workshops, seminars, educational tours, and other opportunities to learn from architecture’s best.
Go intensive with half- and full-day workshops in small-group settings. When you learn with your team, everyone returns with knowledge and new ideas that expand your business portfolio, creating new avenues for revenue.
3. It’s an all-in-one investment
Your team can earn their continuing education for the entire year from some of the most creative architects and firms. They’ll explore new ways to design solutions for clients and work smarter with an up-close look at the latest design ideas and expo floor resources.
Limited budget? Here are a few ways to economize:
- Each Platinum Pass includes free registration for an AIA Associate member
- New AIA members register for free
- Current AIA members and young professionals get discounted registration rates
4. Meet your next partner or collaborator
Connect with the industry at this event! It’s your opportunity to meet thousands of new contacts and collaborators and interact with high-profile speakers, brands, and firms.
50+ events will help you meet peers organically, plus there are networking sessions just for practice leaders, firm owners, and partners. Socials, happy hours, receptions, lunches, and breaks between sessions offer ample time to build your network. Every new connection represents potential revenue.
5. Bring back the latest products & materials
The Architecture Expo is 200,000 sq. ft. of the newest high-tech products and materials. It’s not just for product specifiers, it’s for anyone who designs any detail on any of your projects. 650+ Exhibitors are on hand to show you their best new products, recommend solutions, and answer your questions.
Not a member? Join AIA today >
1SHRM Talent Acquisition Benchmarking Report. ©2018 Society for Human Resource Management.
2SHRM Human Capital Benchmarking Report. ©2018 Society for Human Resource Management.
32017 AIA Compensation Report